HANDCRAFT PRIMARY TEACHER 2022
Little Yarra is a Kindergarten to Class 12 Steiner School in Yarra Junction in the Yarra Valley. The school is seeking an experienced teacher with exemplary skills to teach Handcraft in the primary years.
A Specialist Teacher’s responsibility is to bring in an artistic way, the curriculum as outlined by the School. In doing this, a Specialist Teacher is expected to work in cooperation with their fellow teachers and the school’s policies and procedures. Further responsibilities include:
- working out of a deep Anthroposophical understanding of child development;
- recognising and respecting the individuality of each child in the class, both their specific gifts and their challenges;
- teaching out of a love for the children and the subject ;
- creating and maintaining a sound learning environment in the classroom;
- using a variety of strategies to engage all the children in class in the lessons taught;
- keeping on-going assessment records of each child in the class;
- communicating with and supporting the work of Class Teachers in light of the relevant epoch and development of the child.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge, understanding and experience with the Waldorf/Steiner Handcraft curriculum and how it meets the child developmentally and pedagogically
- Excellent classroom management skills
- High level interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and other staff.
- Eligibility for VIT registration
Desirable skills, knowledge and traits
- Teacher training in Steiner Education
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Previous experience working in a Steiner School
- Current First Aid Certificate
This position is part time (EFT 0.41 over 3 days) and commences in Term 1 2022.
Applicants must address Key Selection Criteria and desirable skills, knowledge and traits in their application and submit it with a copy of their resume including contact details of three referees (including at least two teachers who have acted in a supervisory capacity) to:
Little Yarra Steiner School
PO Box 19
Yarra Junction 3797
Applications close 5:00 pm Friday 26th November 2021.
CASUAL RELIEF TEACHING
We are always on the lookout for Casual Relief Teachers. If you are interested in CRT work at the school please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details, CV and a cover letter responding briefly to the following:
- Authentic interest in Steiner education
- Flexible and caring approach to working with Pre-school, Primary and / or Secondary.
- Willingness to be on call for short and/or advanced planned notice; please advise likely days available
- Skills in classroom teaching, movement, craft.
- Some knowledge of Anthroposophy or experience of Steiner Education
- Registered or Permission to Teach from the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Minimum of two recent education profession references
please email email@example.com