Scholarships

Little Yarra Steiner School (LYSS) is pleased to announce that we will be releasing one scholarship for the Primary years (Prep – Class 6) and one scholarship for secondary years (Class 7 – Class 12) for low income earning families to commence Term 1, 2020.

Our Scholarships aim to be of support to students who may not otherwise have the benefit of independent Steiner education, due to financial disadvantage.  In awarding a scholarship, LYSS is looking for students who enthusiastically take on their work, who strive in their areas of challenge and who shine in their areas of strength, as well as being a positive influence within their class on a social and behavioural level.

The scholarship is awarded based on several factors which include an admission interview, including previous school reports (depending on age of child), the provision of a portfolio of work (depending on age of child), the ability to meet the requirements of a low income household and a demonstrated commitment from the family in support of Steiner Education pedagogy.

The duration of the scholarship is for the entirety of the child’s Primary or Secondary schooling, with a review after the first term and annually thereafter. This is an internal assessment and parents will only be notified of the results if there are areas which are not meeting the required standard.

The scholarship will waive 70% of the student’s annual fee (current fee schedule below). Capital Levy charges will still apply. The remaining 30% is payable within 14 days of invoice at the beginning of each term and includes all camps, excursions (including annual swimming lessons for Classes 2-7), classroom materials and stationary (there is a booklist for Class 8 and above) and a weekly individual music lesson (from Class 3 – 8).

To apply, please download and complete the Scholarship Application form below, which includes an Application for Admission form. There will be no charge for the Application for Admission form, unless the student progresses to the interview stage, where the family will be notified and the charge will be the usual Application fee of $100.

Applications for 2020 Scholarships close on 1st December 2019. Applicants will be contacted for an interview and notified of their success by the 13th December 2019 to commence Term 1, 2020.

To book at tour of the school please Click Here for upcoming dates and to book a time. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me on Email: jmclachlan@lyss.vic.edu.au or on Phone: 5967 1953.